Home Equity Assistance
800 669 6650800 669 6650 Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Eastern
Help is available in English,
Spanish and many other languages
Is a home equity loan modification right for you?
If you've had a financial hardship, you may qualify for a modification to your home equity loan or line of credit term, interest rate or monthly payments, or a combination of these.
You may be eligible if:
- You're having difficulty making your monthly payment due to reduced income or an increase in living expenses
- Your home equity account has been open for at least nine months
- You've made a minimum of six payments
- You haven't received home equity assistance once in the past 12 months, or twice in the past five years
- You're able to repay the modified loan terms
What if I'm not eligible or get declined?
You may qualify for other forms of home equity assistance like repayment plans or extensions.
Call us to learn more at 800 669 6650.
Next stepsswitch this carousel to accesible friendly view
Before you call, please have the following information:
- Loan or line of credit number
- Monthly pre-tax income of each borrower on the loan
- Description of your hardship
- Details about your monthly household expenses
If we confirm that you're eligible to apply for home equity assistance, we'll tell you about some important deadlines and connect you with a Customer Relationship Manager who will help you throughout the process.
We'll send you a financial information packet. You'll be asked to collect a set of documents for everyone listed on the loan. These documents include:
- A signed copy of the most recent filed federal tax return
- Copies of the most recent consecutive pay stubs covering two months
- If anyone listed on the loan is receiving unemployment benefits, any combination of bank statements, direct deposits or cancelled checks to support receipt of unemployment income for the past two months
- If anyone listed on the loan is self-employed, a copy of the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit/loss statement
- Copies of account statements on all other debts, such as student loans and car loans
Please mail or fax all required documents to us as soon as possible. After we receive all your documents, we'll complete the evaluation process and notify you of our decision.
If approved, you'll start a three or four month trial period to make sure you can afford the new payments.
We'll send you a Trial Period Plan Notice explaining the terms, the amount, the deadline to accept the terms and the date your first trial payment is due. You can make payments by mail or over the phone.
Once you've made all of your trial payments, we'll send you the Modification Agreement.
Permanent Loan Modification
The Modification Agreement defines the changes to your home loan. This agreement must be signed, notarized and returned to us by the deadline before your modification becomes permanent.
A permanently modified loan is reported to credit bureaus and may negatively impact your credit
800 669 6650800 669 6650 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Eastern
Help is available in English, Spanish and many other languages.